10th grade checklist:
- Take a practice PSAT. You will get your results soon.
- Stay on track with your courses.
- Get familiar with general college admission requirements
- Explore your career options in more detail: “Job shadow” someone who does what you think you’d like to do
- Look for a job and start a college savings account and regularly deposit into it
- Get involved in extracurricular activities
- Volunteer in your community
- Stay involved with your extracurricular activities: Work toward leadership positions.
- Read and practice your writing
- Meet with your guidance counselor to make sure you are on track
- Study hard and keep your grades up: remain focused
- Start your college search
- Reach out to colleges that interest you: Ask for information about their academic requirements and any programs that potentially might interest you
- If you haven’t already, start preparing for the SAT or ACT
- Get a job and begin saving for college
- Participate in activities that align with your interests
- Go on one or two summer campus tours at local colleges